ADA4930-2 Ultralow Noise Drivers for Low Voltage ADCs
The ADA4930-1/ADA4930-2 are very low noise, low distortion, high speed differential amplifiers. They are an ideal choice for driving 1.8 V high performance ADCs with resolutions up to 14 bits from dc to 70 MHz. The adjustable output common mode allows the ADA4930-1/ADA4930-2 to match the input of the ADC. The internal common-mode feedback loop provides exceptional output balance, suppression of even-order harmonic distortion products, and dc level translation.
With the ADA4930-1/ADA4930-2, differential gain configurations are easily realized with a simple external feedback network of four resistors determining the closed-loop gain of the amplifier.
The ADA4930-1/ADA4930-2 are fabricated using Analog Devices, Inc., proprietary silicon-germanium (SiGe), complementary bipolar process, enabling them to achieve very low levels of distortion with an input voltage noise of only 1.2 nV/√Hz.
The low dc offset and excellent dynamic performance of the ADA4930-1/ADA4930-2 make them well suited for a wide variety of data acquisition and signal processing applications.
The ADA4930-1 is available in a Pb-free, 3 mm × 3 mm 16-lead LFCSP, and the ADA4930-2 is available in a Pb-free, 4 mm × 4 mm 24-lead LFCSP. The pinout has been optimized to facilitate printed circuit board (PCB) layout and minimize distortion. The ADA4930-1 is specified to operate over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range, and the ADA4930-2 is specified to operate over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range for 3.3 V or 5 V supply voltages.
- ADC drivers
- Single-ended-to-differential converters
- IF and baseband gain blocks
- Differential buffers
- Line drivers
Features and Benefits
- Low input voltage noise: 1.2 nV/√Hz
- Low common-mode output: 0.9 V on single supply
- Extremely low harmonic distortion
- −104 dBc HD2 at 10 MHz
- −79 dBc HD2 at 70 MHz
- −73 dBc HD2 at 100 MHz
- −101 dBc HD3 at 10 MHz
- −82 dBc HD3 at 70 MHz
- −75 dBc HD3 at 100 MHz
- High speed
- −3 dB bandwidth of 1.35 GHz, G = 1
- Slew rate: 3400 V/μs, 25% to 75%
- 0.1 dB gain flatness to 380 MHz
- Fast overdrive recovery of 1.5 ns
- 0.5 mV typical offset voltage
- Externally adjustable gain
- Differential-to-differential or single-ended-to-differential operation
- Adjustable output common-mode voltage
- Single-supply operation: 3.3 V or 5 V